Modern Lotus, 2016 by polingc
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Monday, August 24, 2015
Empties + Misses
- Guardian Cotton Facial Squares - everyone need this in their life. I use this for everything and I go through this like water, so whenever it's on sale I'll make sure to stock it up.
- 3CE Fresh Aqua Mist (Mini) - I feel very indifferent with this mist cos I find that it didn't quite do much (?). Other than it being refreshing when you mist this all over your face, it really wasn't any special, and with this price point, there are a lot of other mist in the market with more quantity and do I dare say, better quality? Oh well, to each its own.
- Guardian Large Cotton Pads - I bought this one when I was back then in Singapore but I can't find it back home now, which is a bummer, Guardians in Singapore has way way better selection than what I find here. With its extra large size it's so much quicker when I want to remove or apply facial products.
- Nivea Extra Whitening Skin Therapy Serum SPF33 PA+++ - Very lightweight, easily absorbed into skin, would definitely recommend it especially for those who doesn't like heavy body lotions. Perfect for daytime use with an optimum SPF protection as well.
- Bioderma Sensibio H2O - I love love love this cleansing water. This was also another purchase back in Singapore but bummed that it's so scarce back home. Eventually, I found a store that sells Bioderma but they're almost always out of stock.
- philosophy purity made simple cleanser - Pretty decent cleanser that does what it says. I can't complain.
- Nivea Body Whitening Night Serum - Similar to the daytime whitening serum, this is very lightweight and moisturing as well. Just right for summer nights when you need to moisturise your body, minus the stickyness that is left behind.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream - I received this deluxe size sample jar which is a decent size that could last me a good 1 1/2 - 2 months of usage. I find that it is indeed a very good moisturiser for dry and/or dehydrated skin. Although it's called a cream, it isn't heavy or thick at all, in fact it absorbs really well and leaves no sticky residue.
- CURE Natural Aqua Gel - This gel scrub is a highly raved product in Asia, especially in Japan & it is best used within 3-4 months after opening. I wasn't able to use it up within that time frame but I could understand why it is such a hit product. This exfoliates thoroughly and gently without using any harsh or rough beads. Do take note that this product only works when it is used on clean, DRY skin.
- Mario Badescu Whitening Mask - I'd say this would fall under the misses part of this post. I didn't use up this tub of mask cos I simply didn't know how to make it work for me. There's something about this mask that feels like I just put on plaster of paris on my face and trying to wash it off is another problem on its own.
- Mario Badescu Super Collagen Mask - This one isn't as bad as the whitening mask but I just didn't feel like it did anything it claims to do. It didn't wow me off when I use it and I couldn't be bothered to finish it up. Another misses.
- Vaseline Healthy White Serum - This one I actually received it as a sample bottle, so naturally, I took it with me when I was travelling and it's the perfect size. Another good body lotion and I would definitely purchase the full size one.
- 3CE Full Cover Concealer - I like this one quite a bit as it does conceals really nicely. I would say it's about a medium to high coverage as it's buildable, depending on your preference and need.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater - Maybe it is just mists in general that I don't find anything too special about, just like the 3CE ones aforementioned. I did use this all up but it's one of those products that I could make do with or without it in my life. Well, everyone's skin is definitely different so it's important to get to know and try what's to your liking.
That is it! Guess I'll see you all again in my next post ~
Disclaimer: All products were purchased by me except those that were stated otherwise.