Modern Lotus, 2016 by polingc
Monday, August 24, 2015
Empties + Misses
- Guardian Cotton Facial Squares - everyone need this in their life. I use this for everything and I go through this like water, so whenever it's on sale I'll make sure to stock it up.
- 3CE Fresh Aqua Mist (Mini) - I feel very indifferent with this mist cos I find that it didn't quite do much (?). Other than it being refreshing when you mist this all over your face, it really wasn't any special, and with this price point, there are a lot of other mist in the market with more quantity and do I dare say, better quality? Oh well, to each its own.
- Guardian Large Cotton Pads - I bought this one when I was back then in Singapore but I can't find it back home now, which is a bummer, Guardians in Singapore has way way better selection than what I find here. With its extra large size it's so much quicker when I want to remove or apply facial products.
- Nivea Extra Whitening Skin Therapy Serum SPF33 PA+++ - Very lightweight, easily absorbed into skin, would definitely recommend it especially for those who doesn't like heavy body lotions. Perfect for daytime use with an optimum SPF protection as well.
- Bioderma Sensibio H2O - I love love love this cleansing water. This was also another purchase back in Singapore but bummed that it's so scarce back home. Eventually, I found a store that sells Bioderma but they're almost always out of stock.
- philosophy purity made simple cleanser - Pretty decent cleanser that does what it says. I can't complain.
- Nivea Body Whitening Night Serum - Similar to the daytime whitening serum, this is very lightweight and moisturing as well. Just right for summer nights when you need to moisturise your body, minus the stickyness that is left behind.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream - I received this deluxe size sample jar which is a decent size that could last me a good 1 1/2 - 2 months of usage. I find that it is indeed a very good moisturiser for dry and/or dehydrated skin. Although it's called a cream, it isn't heavy or thick at all, in fact it absorbs really well and leaves no sticky residue.
- CURE Natural Aqua Gel - This gel scrub is a highly raved product in Asia, especially in Japan & it is best used within 3-4 months after opening. I wasn't able to use it up within that time frame but I could understand why it is such a hit product. This exfoliates thoroughly and gently without using any harsh or rough beads. Do take note that this product only works when it is used on clean, DRY skin.
- Mario Badescu Whitening Mask - I'd say this would fall under the misses part of this post. I didn't use up this tub of mask cos I simply didn't know how to make it work for me. There's something about this mask that feels like I just put on plaster of paris on my face and trying to wash it off is another problem on its own.
- Mario Badescu Super Collagen Mask - This one isn't as bad as the whitening mask but I just didn't feel like it did anything it claims to do. It didn't wow me off when I use it and I couldn't be bothered to finish it up. Another misses.
- Vaseline Healthy White Serum - This one I actually received it as a sample bottle, so naturally, I took it with me when I was travelling and it's the perfect size. Another good body lotion and I would definitely purchase the full size one.
- 3CE Full Cover Concealer - I like this one quite a bit as it does conceals really nicely. I would say it's about a medium to high coverage as it's buildable, depending on your preference and need.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater - Maybe it is just mists in general that I don't find anything too special about, just like the 3CE ones aforementioned. I did use this all up but it's one of those products that I could make do with or without it in my life. Well, everyone's skin is definitely different so it's important to get to know and try what's to your liking.
That is it! Guess I'll see you all again in my next post ~
Disclaimer: All products were purchased by me except those that were stated otherwise.
Monday, April 20, 2015
Saturday, April 4, 2015
Hello April! It's spring, it's sunny (way too sunny) and it's a brand new month. March has went past us as quick as the wind blows this year and before anyone knows it, it was gone. Although nothing much happened, I did found some things I'm rather obsessed with and loving. Let us go through it together!
1. The lotion I'm in love with for awhile now is the Nivea Body Whitening Night Serum. Body lotions are my thing. If I can only bring one item to a deserted island, it has to be body lotions. Now, don't let the word whitening intimidate you, it doesn't literally bleach your skin white. 99% of any whitening product in the market are just to even-out skintone and to eliminate dullness from our skin. Nothing too drastic, it's not Clorox. But anyways back to Nivea, I love how it's not sticky at all and absorbs really fast into your skin. Another thing is it also helps fade hyperpigmentation really well with usage over a period of time. I find it fades mosquito bites really well too. I'll definitely repurchase this when I'm finished with this bottle.
2. I've been using the Victoria's Secret Bombshell Body Mist a lot, especially last month. I like to spritz this on all over me before heading out in the day for quick errands or going out for lunch & food or such. Because this is a body mist, I was expecting the scent to not last as long as an eau de toilette but I was surprised as it could last me for the entire day. Or maybe I was really generous on applying it. This is one of their bestselling scent and please go check it out if there's Victoria's Secret near wherever you are cos I can't for the life of me explain scents. I guess for me it has a sweet, fruity accent, rather light, nothing heavy. Perfect for the spring/summer days.
3. I got the The Body Shop Wild Rose Hand Cream back in 2012 which I wrote a haul on then, and I still have the same bottle of hand cream now! I barely made a dent in this tube, I reckon it's still 80% full, this could last me forever even though I've been using it everyday. Maybe cos it's a hand cream and you just need a tiny dot for it to go a long way. I like to use it in the morning for it's SPF purposes and it smells really good too. If you like rose scented stuff, take a sniff of this, you'll love it.
4. This is the limited edition 2014 LaneigexPushButton BB Cushion with SPF 50! If I'm not mistaken this could be the highest SPF in any BB creams/cushions out there. I like how it has decent buildable coverage for everyday use and very easy to just pat it on whenever to apply or touch-up throughout the day. Koreans are just the next level in their cosmetic game, they're always coming up with things we never even thought about. Btw, I heard that Laneige is collaborating with PlayNoMore this year and I'm so excited for this. Can't wait to get my hands on it when they launch the collection!
5. This is also another limited NY fashion edition by Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm in Protecting Berry, well only the design is limited edition, you could still get the same flavour, Anti-oxidant Berry/Mixberry in the baby blue tube and pink cap. It's very moisturising and I like to put it on before putting on any lipstick. It makes the application glides on really smoothly, even for matte lipsticks.
6. Now, this isn't a beauty product but it tastes so good. My sister gave us this Trader Joe's Gummy Bears from her extended family which just came back from the US. It's just really nice to snack on and addictive I must say. Also didn't help that I have a major sweet tooth myself. Noms away...
So, that wraps up the month of March. I hope you enjoyed my favourites as much as I enjoyed it. Don't forget to let me know your favs in the comments or social media because I'd love to discover new things and products out there, especially if you're loving it too.
Thank you for reading and see you soon! x